We had a lot to celebrate at this year’s AGM, and celebrate we did! President Frank Traugott declared that we had a “great anniversary season” and this was echoed by many.
Some of the key highlights:
• No lives lost during our patrols for the 111th year in a row.
• Membership was up by 10% – the second biggest increase in membership on the Sydney Northern Beaches.
• 2nd most outstanding Club on the Sydney Northern Beaches.
• 7 awards received at Branch which are progressing through to the SLSNSW state awards – more than any other club in NSW!
• An outstanding 110th Black & Gold Anniversary dinner and a visit by the Premier.
• Widespread media coverage including our “extraordinary league of 6 gentlemen” being featured on the Today Show for their
combined 400 years of service to the Club.
Congratulations to Trevor Lane who was elected as a life member for his many years of service to North Steyne contributing to the administration and financial management of the Club. Trevor joined the Club in 1962 and also competed for North Steyne on the beach and the rugby field.
Congratulations as well to:
• David Cowell – Distinguished Service Award
• Mark Maddox – Outstanding Service Award
• Jodie Frazer – Outstanding Service Award
• Mark Stewart – Outstanding Service Award
• Chris Gibbs Stewart – Outstanding Service Award
Well done to Amy Downing and Oscar Cowell who were North Steyne Future Fund Scholarship Recipients.
Patrol Service Awards were received by:
• 15 years: Deborah Foote, Malcolm Peake, Richard Donaldson
• 10 years: Rebecca Chapman, Chloe Platt
• 5 years: Michael Bernerius, Philip Macken, Courtney Sloan, Mark Burns, Ella Falzarano, Angela Silberberg, Daniel Hillier, Harry Hickey, Ryan Bogatez, Ben Parry, Emma Hillier
You can read about the season in our Annual Report 2018 which is available from Audrey at the Club. A big thanks to David Sawyer for all his excellent pictures and Chris Gibbs Stewart and Richard Donaldson for putting the report together.
Thanks to all our members, sponsors and supporters for a great season. We look forward to seeing everyone back at the beach soon!