Why Pursue an SRC Award?
Welcome to our SRC program. All nipper training from U6 and upwards leads to SRC development making this award the pinnacle of our junior Surf Life Saving education. In addition to teaching Surf Life Saving skills, there’s a prerequisite that nippers competing in U14 events at Branch, State and Nationals must have successfully achieved their SRC award by 31 December.
How To Start
All U14 Nippers are automatically placed into the SRC program. Prerequisites of the SRC program require that each candidate be:
- Registered with North Steyne SLSC and be financial for the current season
- Complete a Course Enrolment Form (signed by parents)
- Have passed their SRC water proficiency
- Attend weekly Sunday morning nipper sessions commencing at 9.30 AM
- Attend additional training sessions as announced by the SRC training officers
SRC candidates must be deemed proficient before they will be allowed to participate in water-based training activities.
The SRC proficiency criteria are:
- 200 metres swim (freestyle) – under 5 minutes
- 3 minute survival float
If you plan to enter carnivals, competition water proficiency required you also perform an ocean swim consisting of a 100 metre run, 100 meter swim & a 100m run.