Here are some important updates regarding the functioning of our Club under the current COVID-19 restrictions:
- Our clubhouse remains closed, except for member access to the downstairs area whilst on patrol, or for obtaining equipment for the purpose of outdoor exercise/training. Downstairs area includes board and IRB sheds. Our gym, BBQ and clubroom remain closed, but we hope to get all of these activities up and running as soon as we are able.
- If you are entering the building for either of the above, it is essential that you use the QR Code to sign-in which is available at all entrances (regardless of length of stay), wear a mask, practice social distancing and comply with all NSW Public Health Orders (PHO) and North Steyne SLSC directives.
- If you need your FOB re-instated in order to access the building for your patrolling obligations or for accessing equipment, please contact Cath Hiller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If training in a group, the onus is on you to comply with all PHO orders and ensure you carry the necessary evidence in case requested to show proof of address and vaccination to Police. Group training is currently restricted to 5 adults, fully vaccinated or 2 adults who are not fully vaccinated.
- Your participation in patrols is a matter for you to choose. Patrolling members will have received an update about how patrols will operate under the current restrictions from their Patrol Captain. If you have any questions about this or you do not feel comfortable patrolling under the current circumstances, please reach out to Club Captain, Jack Watt to discuss.
- Current indications are community sport is likely to recommence when NSW is 80% fully vaccinated. Nippers and Competition are eager to recommence. We will let members know when that is possible. Training for Nippers and Competition is allowed now for financial members within point 4 above.
The current NSW PHO’s can be found here – https://www.sport.nsw.gov.au/covid-19-information.
Stay safe and well. We hope to see you soon back on our beach soon.
The North Steyne SLSC Board