The 2021 Australian Surf Life Saving Championships were held on the Sunshine Coast at Maroochydore SLSC, Alexandra Headland SLSC and Mooloolaba SLSC from 16 April to 24 April 2021.
What an adventure! A road trip for Dave Maguire, Master Surfboat Sweep, transporting our boat “the Iris” up the Australian coastline and Master Competitor, Deb Foote too, driving solo with boards and equipment in tow. Jodie and Jo flying up to assist in officiating, and family members attending to support their loved ones.
An amazing effort by all our contenders after months of training and commitment!!
North Steyne “Aussies” results include:
- 30-39 Male Champion lifesaver – Shannon Job finished 1st GOLD MEDAL
- 60-64 Women 1km run – Caroline Yarnell 2nd SILVER MEDAL
- 30-39 Female Champion Lifesaver – Sarah Lally 4th place
- 30-34 Male Sprints – Salvator Ribeiro 4th place
- Open patrol competition – Sarah Lally 6th place
- 30-34 Male Flags – Salvator Ribeiro 7th place
- 40 plus Female Champion Lifesaver: Deb Foote 8th place
- Open male 2km ocean swim: Ewan Cooper Frater 9th place
- Surfboats, the Buccaneers, placing 33rd in the reserve men division.