Becoming a Nipper
We welcome all kids ages 5-13 to our Nipper’s program. At North Steyne we believe in ensuring that kids feel encouraged and welcome to participate, and that they are truly part of the North Steyne team. We promote a fun and safe environment on the beach which is not only enjoyable for the Nipper, but the entire family as well.
For all NEW registrations you must bring proof of age (passport or birth certificate) to the Club to be sighted for your Nipper to complete the registration process. This can be completed at our September registration day or before Nippers on Sunday mornings. Unfortunately your Nipper will be unable to participate in Sunday activities if we do not have this on file.
Your child will register as a “Junior Activities” Member. This will allow him or her access to all the benefits of the Nipper’s program, including training for kids U8+. Family membership is also available which is a good way for the whole family to become involved with North Steyne Surf Life Saving Club.
For all enquiries on becoming a Nipper at North Steyne contact our Nipper’s Director via firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Nippers must have an accompanying adult parent/carer joining them this season who can join as a General member. It’s expected that all parents will actively contribute to Nipper activities. Family membership must include 1 adult.
All Nippers must complete a proficiency swim before entering any water activities on Sundays at Nippers. Pool swims are required for U8s and above. Proficiency swims will be held in September at the Manly Aquatic Centre. We normally wait for the water to warm up for U6s and U7s who will need to do their proficiency at North Steyne. Nippers registering after the scheduled proficiency dates will need to organise a separate proficiency swim with their Age Manager. These swims are usually conducted at the Queenscliff pool.
Family (3-4 members)
For a full fee schedule please click here.
Follow the steps below to join/renew and make payment for 2020-21 membership:
Create an account at the SLS Member Portal http://sls.com.au/join for each Nipper and/or family member you want to register.
You will be sent a confirmation email/SMS code.
Put this confirmation code into the Member Portal system to complete the creation of each personal log in.
Log in and ADD/RENEW your membership for each North Steyne Nipper in your family who wishes to renew using their personal details.
MAKE PAYMENT using the Payment Gateway within Life Saving Online – see tab on the Member Portal.
Bring proof of age to the club if you have not already done so. Your registration is not complete until this has been sighted by a Club Official.
Things you need to know about SLS Member Portal:
1. All accounts created on the portal are for individual Nippers/Members only and not for the whole family. You will need to create separate accounts for each child and each parent/carer member.
2. Each member will need a unique username which you can usually use their first name and surname or first inital and surname.
3. If desired, you can use the same password for all your family when creating their accounts.
4. You must use the email address currently held in our database (Surfguard) to register/renew your membership. Please email email@example.com if you are unsure what this is or need to update it.
5. Membership fees should be paid via the Payment Gateway within Life Saving Online which is linked to the Member Portal page. You can bulk pay the whole family’s membership fees in one payment.
Please ensure that you clearly record the name of each family member in the description field when making payment. This indicates to us your payment covers more than one child. Failure to do this will delay the approval of your registration.